The Vision of the Quality Enhancement Cell, Govt. Islamia Graduate College Civil Lines, Lahore is to be a bench mark in respect of Quality of Research and Quality of Education among HEC Recognized Universities
The Mission of the Quality Enhancement Cell, Govt. Islamia Graduate College Civil Lines, Lahore is to ensure and enhance the Quality of Higher Education and Establishment of Research Oriented Environment at Govt. Islamia Graduate College Civil Lines, Lahore so that the students can play a vital role in the development of our mother-land ‘Pakistan’
Message of Head
The Quality Enhancement Cell is a vital part of administrative and academic structure of Govt. Islamia Graduate College Civil Lines, Lahore under the leadership of the Worthy Principal Dr. Akhtar Hussain Sandhu. The QEC, Govt. Islamia Graduate College Civil Lines, Lahore always remains active, efficient, vigilant and in the coordination with Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, for implementation of quality enhancement strategies, moreover it monitors the academic and administrative programs, functions to ensure the quality of education, research and development and makes sure that the internationally accepted standards of quality education are being met and maintained. For enhancing quality culture at Govt. Islamia Graduate College Civil Lines, Lahore the Quality Enhancement Cell organizes seminars/workshops time to time.
QEC is established under the guidelines of the HEC to enhance, maintain and monitor quality of higher education. The Principal issued directions for establishment QEC on August, 2021.
- The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by a Dr. Muhammad Javaid Afzal reporting directly to Principal. He is to be correspondent with the outside bodies.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by seting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new program
- Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of BS programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework